down home inspiration



God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain. Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain. Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening,
keep me ever close to you, As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru. -Dolly Parton

Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow days

Central Park on my walk to work this morning.

Just a few "notes to self" when it comes to snow in the city...

1. Puddles may be deeper than they appear. Hunter boots don't make you invincible. They may keep you dry, but will not prevent a broken ankle or an embarrassing spill into Broadway. Oops.

2. Don't tie your doggy up outside in the snow!! I don't care how cold it is outside. Its not your dog's fault that he/she has to use the bathroom out in the elements and it is your responsibility as a pet owner to stay with them while they do their duty!

3. Umbrellas are not only for rain.

4. Sidewalks are not the place for snow angels. Go to Central Park. That is the only place in the city where the snow stays pretty for more than a couple of hours.
Pixter007's flickr of Central Park is so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment