down home inspiration



God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain. Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain. Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening,
keep me ever close to you, As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru. -Dolly Parton

Sunday, April 25, 2010

the dakota

When you work in luxury retail, your clients expect a level of service that is much higher than any other retail environment. With this being said, we deliver alot of our merchandise either to our client's hotel, if they are visiting, or to their apartment or home. Hand deliveries, I must say, have become a specialty of mine. I realize that there isn't much to a hand delivery, but I have become very familiar to service entrances and hailing cabs while holding 5 garment bags in hand.

Last week I got to take a hand delivery to an amazing building at 72nd Street and Central Park West. Apartments here range from 6-15 mil. No big. ha!

pic found here

t h e  D A K O T A.

 pic found here
This building was constructed from 1880-1884 and stands tall at the corner of Central Park. I think this photo is really amazing. It is so strange to think of Central Park without being completely surrounded by high rises. 


pic found here
Another interesting fact about the Dakota is that it is the building where John Lennon was assassinated. There's a fascinating exhibit titled "John Lennon in NYC" by Allan Tannenbaum.
This is a photo from that collection of Yoko Ono and John in 1980 standing in front of the Dakota.

the history in this city makes living here so much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment