down home inspiration



God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain. Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain. Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening,
keep me ever close to you, As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru. -Dolly Parton

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

pen pals

Currently, I am receiving mail. The three devoted writers in my life are currently my mom, my grandfather, and my mom's best friend Marimae. Marimae has been so supportive of me throughout this move and my search in this grand city. Her home is one of the beautiful homes in historic downtown Murfreesboro, TN and it reminds me of what my life was growing up in a small southern town. Its a feeling I find myself craving. While I love the hustle and bustle of my newfound life, its important not to forget from where I have come.

I never used to draw. But lately, I have found sketching very theraputic and rewarding. I like the feeling of converting a blank page in my sketchbook to something that represents icons of value in my life. Last week I sketched Marimae's beautiful southern home, and it honestly doesn't seem that far away anymore.

E A S T   M A I N   S T R E E T

No comments:

Post a Comment