down home inspiration



God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain. Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain. Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening,
keep me ever close to you, As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru. -Dolly Parton

Sunday, January 16, 2011

2 0 1 1

So, we've all made some resolutions. Every year I make resolutions. However, I feel like I always approach them with an apathetic kind of energy. If they happen, life will be better. If not, there's always next year!


But this is no more! This year I am taking a new approach. My resolution is broader, but I feel like it is going to apply to many areas of my life. In the past I have made resolutions that were very specific...


2008- Meet more Phi Gams! haha. 
This is funny, but it actually came true. Chuck and I started dating later that year, and dated for a year and a half. Success.


2009-Spend more time with friends. 
I was single again this year, and definitely spent more time with friends. The focus of this was because it was our senior year of college, and it was a year to be savored. The year you never wanted to end.


2010- To break out of the box.
On January 7, 2010 I moved to New York to pursue a career in fashion, with only $500 in my savings account, a best friend, and a tee-pee for a room. The great curtain walled dining space! On February 8, I started my first job in the fashion industry, where I still am today.


So now we're caught up to speed. It's 2011, and there is a new resolution on the horizon. I want to be more diligent. I want to pursue the purpose of life. I don't want a day to pass by unproductively. I realize that there will definitely be those Sunday afternoons where I let the sun rise and set without doing anything. But maybe I will use that afternoon to call a friend from home who I am missing that day. Or skype with my parents. I want to be more diligent in my relationships. Put forth more effort to keep in touch. Be good to those who have been so good to me. 


So here it is.
2011- Pursue diligence in faith, family, friends, and career. Here goes nothing! 




For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. 
Hebrews 6:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment