down home inspiration



God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain. Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain. Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening,
keep me ever close to you, As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru. -Dolly Parton

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Let's talk...fried

FRIDAY! Tomorrow is Friday. It's an especially fun Friday for me, because I have the weekend off this week! I have worked the whole week through, and am about to enjoy a "Saturday-Sunday Duo" off.

Having a normal weekend off has turned my thoughts to those warm weekends we used to enjoy in T-town. They allll started with a Fried Friday at the Delta Dome. The weekend started on Thursday technically at Galette's with $2 pitchers of Bud Light in our pocket tees, nike tempos, and ponytails. And then it was on to skipping class. Any class before 11:00 (lunchtime) was not an option. We had to get our fried fix! Hello!


There aren't many things I don't like about living in NYC, but I  haven't been home since October and I am hurting for some southern cookin! The "fried friday" menu at DDD always included chicken fingers, mac n cheese, fries, all the left-overs from the week, and fried okra. My NYC roommate just asked me what fried okra is. I almost fell out of my chair! "Bless his heart" was the phrase that immediately came to mind (smile).

I used this to explain... It's only fitting I think.

Even if you do know of fried okra, (I'm sure you love that southern popcorn) I think the video is a nice reminder of home!

Happy Friday.

1 comment:

  1. You just made me so hungry!
    I miss you about as much as dunking my chicken fingers in that DDD AMAZING honey mustard. OMG, where in the world can I find some of that today!?!

    ReplyDelete