down home inspiration



God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain. Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain. Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening,
keep me ever close to you, As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru. -Dolly Parton

Sunday, October 3, 2010

big spend e r

We had a huge sale recently in the shop. A great sale! A never-ending, exciting sale!

A $30,000 sale.

The husband smiles at me as I bring out the receipt for him to basically sign his life away. He had been lounging for a couple of hours downing cappucinos while his wife tried on everything in the store. He then turns to his wife, still smiling, and says, "Your horse better win his race in Kentucky this weekend, darling! Ah ha ha ha." I watch them leave chuckling, as I think to myself, "What I would do with $30,000. Oh wait, that's essentially my yearly salary. Must be nice!"

That's all. Just a thought to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment