down home inspiration



God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain. Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain. Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening,
keep me ever close to you, As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru. -Dolly Parton

Monday, March 8, 2010

fifty and fabulous (50 degrees that is...)

For some reason, today was kind of a brutal day at work. Not only were we slow today, but it was 58 degrees outside today!! All I did was stare out the window and dream of running down 65th Street one block to Central Park and hiding for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, we are in a recession and good jobs are scarce. I did however walk a couple of blocks to grab a slice at my lunch break. Sooo nice to feel the 50s again! I spent the rest of my afternoon wondering what I was to do tonight since Jake picked Vienna last week and put me out of my misery. What a waste of my emotions and time.

But anyways, speaking of walking, yesterday Ginnie and I walked the High Line just as I said we would. But then we took it a step farther and walked all the way down the West Side Highway to Battery Park. It was a little longer that we had anticipated but it was such a nice day! And I found it to be sooo inspiring!!

regular garage door?


i think not!
 
garage door in the west village. plus a courtenay original textile.


this was on exhibit at the High Line yesterday.
 how beautiful? i know, right?


and it inspired this.
what if you could have your own patterned subway seat? design your own? i personally love the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment